- Icons visible in the Icons pane (the current icon set) are saved in the treepadlib.tpz file in the installation directory, and copied into TreePad for display each time you run the program.
- The installation directory also contains another Zip file named treepadlib.tpzu (TreePad Zip Update), containing the default icon collection. It is distributed with TreePad and uploaded to the installation directory when you install the program. It is there in case you wish to reinstall the original icons.
- TreePad expects to find treepadlib.tpz in the installation directory when it starts up. If this file is absent, it creates a copy of treepadlib.tpzu and renames it treepadlib.tpz.
Icon library commands
Menu⁄Icons⁄Open icon library: This command allows you to choose which icon library file (.tpz) you want loaded into the Icons pane. If you have no other library files than the default file (treepadlib.tpz), you can use this command to open it for you, although the command Open default icon library below will search for this particular file. The icon library file currently open (displayed in the Icons pane) will be closed and replaced by your new choice.
Menu⁄Icons⁄Open default icon library: Loads the default icon library (treepadlib.tpz) into the Icons pane, closing and replacing the currently open file. Note: if you use this command while the default icon library is already loaded, the message Default icon library is already loaded will be displayed.
Menu⁄Icons⁄Create new icon library: Opens the Save TreePad library window where you can assign a name to your new icon library file. After you have done this, the current icon library file will be closed and replaced by the new file. The Icons pane will be empty apart from the default icon (number 0), and you can begin adding icons to the file using the Add new icons command.
Menu⁄Icons⁄Save current icon library as...: Saves the current icon libary under a different file name. Any changes you make to the icons in the icons pane will be applied to the library with the new file name.
TreePad Icon libraries
- When you are connected to the Internet, selecting Menu⁄Icons⁄Download additional icons... opens the treepad.com icons page www.treepad.com⁄free_icons⁄.
- If you are interested in adding to your icon collection, keep checking the TreePad icons page as new links to icon collections are constantly being added. See also http:⁄⁄www.iconfreedownload.com. This is a collection of more than 20,000 icons available in .ico (icon file) format and .tpz (TreePad icon library) format, enabling users of TreePad PLUS, SAFE, Business Edition and TreePad X Enterprise to load icon libraries directly.