To minimize TreePad to the system tray
- Click Main menu: Database⁄Minimize to tray or
- Press Ctrl+Alt+M.
This means that:
- The TreePad window is hidden, allowing applications underneath to become visible so that you can work on them while TreePad is temporarily out of the way.
- The TreePad icon is moved to the Windows System Tray, freeing up more of the Windows Taskbar.
To reverse this:
- Double-click the TreePad tray icon (double-clicking is the default behavior); or
- Right-click the tray icon to open its context menu and select Restore or Maximize (see below).
If you have more than one instance of TreePad running concurrently, each instance must be minimized separately and you will have one tray icon for each instance.
To display a range of Tray options
- Click Main menu: View⁄Options, then select the category Tray.
Tray icon options
Whether TreePad is active or minimized, you can choose to display its icon on either or both the Windows Taskbar or the System Tray. The Taskbar is the default for both conditions. This means that you can keep the program icon in the System Tray at all times, if you wish.
Tray activation options
You can choose whether to single-click or double-click the System Tray icon to activate TreePad.
System Tray menu
Right-clicking the System Tray icon will display a small menu offering the following choices:
- Backup to file
- Save to file
- Close program
Restore will redisplay the TreePad window at its previous size.
Maximize will redisplay the TreePad window maximized, irrespective of its previous size.