Copy⁄paste of formatting
Copy formatting does not copy any text, but only the formatting of the text. For example, if red, bold, and italic text is selected, this function will copy the red, bold, and italic formatting attributes to the Windows Clipboard1.
To copy formatting, highlight part of the selected block or just position the cursor anywhere within it2, then
- Click Main menu ⁄ Format ⁄ Copy formatting; or
- Click Article context menu ⁄ Copy special ⁄ Copy formatting; or
- Press Shift+Alt+C.
Paste formatting will apply the formatting copied with copy formatting to a selected text block.
To paste formatting, highlight the block of text whose format you wish to change, then
- Click Main menu ⁄ Format ⁄ Paste formatting; or
- Click Article context menu ⁄ Paste special ⁄ Paste formatting; or
- Press Shift+Alt+V.
- In order to copy the formatting of some text it is not necessary to highlight part of it before opening the menu. Simply clicking anywhere in it is enough for TreePad to detect its format.