The statusbar lies at the bottom margin of the TreePad window and displays the following fields, from left to right:
1) The position of the article cursor in the article, e.g., "Ln 10 Col 36" means that the cursor is on the tenth line in the article at the 36th character position from the left article margin. This helps you keep track of total article size and your exact position in it. See also Article statistics
2) Whether or not you have changed the currently opened article since you last saved it. If you have made no changes (e.g., are just viewing the article), this compartment is blank. If you have changed the article but have not saved these changes, the message "Changes not saved" will be displayed. If you have enabled Autosave, the message "Autosave in n minutes" (where n is the number of minutes set) will replace "Changes not saved". See Backup and saving.
3) Whether you are in Insert or Overtype mode as you type. Note that it is easy to wipe out text by overwriting it if you happen to paste in text while in Overtype mode. Pressing the Insert key toggles between the two modes.
4) Whether and how the text in the current article is formatted. This is termed the article data type. If the article's text contains no formatting, "Text" (meaning plain text) will be displayed. If it is formatted, "RTF" (meaning Rich Text Format) will be displayed. For more information see Article formats.
5) For the single-user edition of TreePad X Enterprise: the location (full path) of the currently opened database or the path of the currently selected node (you can configure this in the options screen, category: Infobars).
For the multi-user edition: the name of the database (without any path information) or the path of the currently selected node (depending on how this is configured in the options screen).
Additionally, when you have clicked on an image, this field will display the image's internal filename and its format. It can be very useful to know the format when planning to export the image, because images are stored in their original (native) format.
6) The registration status of the program.
The Status bar is one of several objects in TreePad collectively known as infobars. Its visibility can be set in the options screen, category "Infobars". ("Main menu: View⁄Options"). A more direct way of changing the visibility of an infobar or toolbar is to right click on the toolbar docking area, then tick or untick the corresponding menu.