Node properties window
This window not only displays information about the node currently selected, but also enables you to change its properties.
To open the Node properties window
First select a node in the Tree pane, then:
- Click Tree context menu: Node properties or
- Click Main menu: Tree⁄Node properties (Alt+T,N) or
- Press Ctrl+F2 . This keyboard shortcut only works when the tree pane has focus.
Although this method is not as direct as using shortcut keys or toolbuttons, this window offers extra features and tools not accessible by other means:
- The General tab:
enables you to change the node caption ( node title) and it contains a check box for making the currently selected node a template or a TreeBook. This is described in detail in Standard article templates.
It also displays the data type of the article. At the bottom it contains a checkbox where you can change the current article to 'readonly' or 'writable' (the readonly articles option is unique to TreePad Business Edition and TreePad SAFE). For more information, please see Readonly articles
- The Stamp tab displays the node ID and information on the node creation date and time, when the node was changed, and who (indicated by the Windows user name) created and changed the node (the node ID is also displayed in the Subtree statistics window.)
- The Checkboxes tab allows you to display a checkbox next to your node icon that you can tick to indicate completed tasks, noteworthy items, etc. See Checkbox icons.
- The Font and color and Highlight color tabs allow you to change all attributes of the node format back to the tree default values, or to specify new values for any of them.
- The Tools tab contains a Remove button which allows you to revert the format of all node titles in the current subtree (titles of selected node and all child nodes at all sublevels) to the default tree node format.
- The Export⁄Print tab contains a tick box named "Include this subtree into export and print". When ticked (by default), the current subtree (not just the node) will be included in any export or printing activity, with the exception of export to TreePad files. See Exporting a subtree and Printing selected items.
- The Icons tab allows you to change the default icon for the current subtree, or to apply the icon of the current node to all nodes of the selected subtree.
- The Readonly articles tab (option unique to TreePad Business Edition and TreePad SAFE) contains two buttons: one button to change all articles in the current subtree to 'readonly', the other button can be used to change all articles in the current subtree to 'writable'. See also Readonly articles