The Icons menu
The Main menu ⁄ Icons submenu is displayed only when the Icons pane is visible (see The Icons pane). To display the icons pane, click on the button 'Icons' at the bottom of the TreePad screen, or menu⁄view⁄icons
To change the icon of the currently displayed node
- Click Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Apply icon to node; or
- Double-click the icon in the icons pane
To change the icon of the currently displayed node and all its children
- Click Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Apply icon to subtree
To add icons to the current set
Open the Icons pane, then
- Click Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Add new icons; or
- Press the Insert key if the icons pane has focus.
If you happen to have collected or created icon (.ico) or bitmap (.bmp) files which you would like to add to your current set, these files must be 16 x 16 pixels in size.
To search-replace icons in a subtree
(option unique to TreePad™ Business Edition)
To remove icons from the current set
To remove one or more icons, select them in the Icons pane by clicking on them (use Shift+click for multiple consecutive images, Ctrl+click for multiple non-consecutive ones), then
- Click Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Remove selected icons; or
- Press the Del key.
You will be asked to confirm your intended deletion.
To export one or more icons to individual files
- Select one or more icons in the icons pane. Then click Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Export selected icons
Opening other icon libraries
- You can load other icon libraries through Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Load Icon Libraries
- You can load the default TreePad icon library through Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Load Default Icon Library
- To download additional icon libraries, click on Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Download additional icons
Creating new icon libraries
- You can create a new icon library through Main menu ⁄ Icons ⁄ Create new icon library