Startup and shutdown
To start up TreePad
- Click on the program icon by selecting Windows ⁄ Start menu ⁄ Programs ⁄ TreePad ⁄ TreePad; or
- Double-click on the program icon in the Windows directory (folder) in which you installed TreePad; or
- Create a shortcut to TreePad and double-click the shortcut.
To shut down TreePad
- Click Main menu ⁄ File ⁄ Exit; or
- Click the TreePad icon at the extreme left of the Title bar, then select Close; or
- Press Alt+F4; or
- If TreePad is minimized to a Tray icon, right-click the icon and select Close program.
You can close the currently open file within TreePad and still leave the program running. See Closing files.
To run TreePad at Windows startup
Create a shortcut to the program and paste it in the C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp folder. You may also direct it to open a TreePad file at a specific node. See below and also Specifying the startup file and node.
To open a specific TreePad file at Windows startup
Create a shortcut to the file and paste it in the C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp folder.
To reverse this, simply delete the shortcut.